Hospitality Management 1 Year - Co-op (Diploma)
The Hospitality Management 1 Year – Co-op (Diploma) program us an introduction into the hospitality industry. The program contains eight approved AHLEI (American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute) courses that are designed to provide students with an understanding of entry level positions. After completing each course, students will receive an AHLEI certificate which is recognized in 54 countries around the world. Students will also gain certificates in, Serving it Right, Food Safe, and WHMIS, allowing them to work in the hospitality industry in Canada. Students will be exposed to one co-op placement where they will complete an assigned report to successfully graduate the Hospitality Management 1 Year – Co-op (Diploma).
(Daytime) Monday, Wednesday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
(Daytime) Friday 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
(Evening) Monday to Friday 5:00 pm – 9:30 pm. Evening class is scheduled to begin April 2, 2018.
Classroom Learning Outcomes
Upon completion, students will gain knowledge through these eight courses:
1. The Lodging and Food Service Industry
2. Managing Front Office Operations
3. Managing Service in Front and Beverage Operations
4. Hospitality Sales and Marketing
5. Managing Housekeeping Operations
6. Planning and Control for Food and Beverage Operations
7. Basic Hotel and Restaurant Accounting
8. Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
Required materials for the program:
Upon successfully completing the 1 Year Hospitality Diploma program students will receive the following:
- Certificate from AHLEI for all courses listed above
- AHLEI Hospitality Operations Certificate
- SELC Career College Hospitality Management 1 Year – Co-op (Diploma)
For more information about the Hospitality Management 1 Year – Co-op (Diploma) program, contact SELC Career College.